Studies have shown that breastfeeding is very beneficial for both mother and baby. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6 months though any amount of breast milk helps.
Here are 10 reasons why breastfeeding is best and the benefits of breast milk:
- Breastfed babies are more resistant to infections and disease early on.
- Breastfed babies are less likely to develop diseases later in life such as heart disease, juvenile diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and cancer before 15.
- Baby is less likely to develop allergies.
- Breastfed babies are less likely to be obese.
- Breastfeeding lower’s the risk of SIDS.
- Mother’s who breastfeed are less likely to develop Postpartum Depression.
- Breastfeeding lowers the Mother’s risk of some types of cancer including breast and ovarian cancer.
- Lower risk to Mother for postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding is custom made for your growing baby. It changes with the needs of your baby!
- It’s cheaper than formula!
So as you can see the term “liquid gold” is for good reason! This is valuable stuff! Feel great about your choice to breastfeed. You are giving your baby the absolute best and your body is benefiting too!
Why did you choose to breastfeed or pump? Leave your story here in the comments!